GOD IS IN THE RESCUE
- What is a “fish story” you can tell?
- What is one thing that caught your attention from this message?
- Read Jonah 2 and discuss your reactions to this part of the story
- Why do you believe the story of Jonah is a true story and why is that important?
- Read Jonah 2:1,2 and discuss Jonah’s summary of his experience
- Read Jonah 2:3-7 and discuss the details of Jonah’s experience and how he began to repent
- Read Jonah 2:8,9 and discuss the expression of thankfulness from Jonah
- Read Jonah 2:10 and discuss how this chapter concludes
- Discuss this summary statement of the message: WHEN WE ARE DONE SAVING OURSELVES, GOD RESCUES US
- Take the challenge: Write a prayer of thanksgiving, related to how God has rescued you from your heart idols and your commitment to worshipping only Him