Message: I am the Vine (John 15:1-17)
- Read I Corinthians 11:23-26.
What about participating in communion is most meaningful to you; and why?
- Read John 15:1-4; Matthew 3:8; 7:17-20 What might “fruit in keeping with repentance” that is considered to be “good” look like?
- Read John 15:5,6; Matthew 14:49,50; Revelation 20:15
What does all of this, about vines and branches, have to do with eternity?
- Read John 15:7-17.
- Follow your outline, under “A true follower of Jesus will be revealed”
- Read the next bullet point under the title and the corresponding verses
- Discuss how this area fits a life that connected to the true vine
- Discuss what this might look like in your life
*Families: Have your children draw or color pictures of the vine and the branches
I AM THE VINE
[Communion – I Corinthians 11:23-26]
Are you dead or alive? (John 15:1-6)
- It is a fruit issue (Matthew 3:8; 7:17-20)
- It is a power issue (v.5)
- It is an eternal issue (Matthew 13:49,50; Revelation 20:15)
A true follower of Jesus will be revealed (John 15:7-17)
- Answered prayer (vs.7,16; Psalm 66:18; I John 5:14)
- Living for the glory of God (v.8)
- Bearing fruit (vs.8,16; Galatians 5:22,23)
- Obey (vs.9,10; I John 2:6)
- Joyful (v.11; 10:10; Psalm 51:12)
- Love one another (vs.12,13,17; I John 3:16; 4:7,8,20)
- Friends of Jesus (vs.14,15; Matthew 13:10,11; I John 3:17,18)
- Chosen (v.16; 4:36; Matthew 28:19,20)