Message: Would You Rather
- Would you rather…
- Be 3 feet tall or 11 feet tall?
- Be the most popular or the smartest person you know?
- Have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?
- Only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?
- Be rich and die in 10 years or be poor and live to 120?
- Read I Kings 16:30-33; 17:1; 18:1,17-19 – What was the spiritual context of what was about to happen in the next 2 chapters?
- Read I Kings 18:21-24 – What is the challenge, who is it between, and what is the point?
- Read I Kings 18:26-29 – Describe how Team Baal went about the challenge and what happened
- I Kings 18:33-39 – Describe how Elijah went about the challenge, for the LORD, what was different than Team Baals approach, and what happened
- What similarities are there between the challenge on Mount Carmel and the challenge, today, for the hearts of people?
- Place your faith and trust in Jesus Christ alone and become His follower
- Is there a time in your life when you made this decision?
- If not, is this is a decision you are ready to make? If not, why not?
- Commit everything in your life, completely, to the worship of God
- What does it look like, specifically, for you to make this kind of commitment?
- Is there some area of life that you need to give back over to God, to be wholeheartedly committed once again?
- Are there any heart idols that need to be repented of and set aside?