For the Glory of God
- When you hear the word “Worship”, what are the first three thoughts that come to mind?
- Discuss the following quotes from “Vertical Church”
- “The glory of God is revealed in Jesus Christ.”
- “He doesn’t need us or our glorifying, but we need it desperately to displace our pride.”
- “When you worship, you are saying, ‘This one is worth more.’ At the same time you are implying, ‘I am worth less.”
- “Evangelism and discipleship are equal in priority because both bring more glory to God. First, we pursue better disciples, which brings more glory to God, and in turn better disciples are more effective evangelists where they live.”
- “The problem in the church today is that we treat God’s glory as a by-product and the missional activities of the church as the primary thing when the opposite is what Scripture demands…We should seek the revealing of the glory of God through the methods He prescribes so that His glory is revealed in the church.”
- “While God is not enhanced or increased by our worship, He is apparently blessed, and that in itself should stoke the fire of our adoration.”
- Read Exodus 8:1,20; 9:1,13; 10:3,7; 12:31
What is the phrase used over and over again, and why is it significant?
- Read I Peter 2:9
If our primary purpose is to worship God, what aspects of worship are described in this verse?
- Discuss how this definition of worship applies to you…
“Worship is responding to who God is and what He has done by giving ourselves completely to Him.”
- Read Exodus 14:31; 15:1,2; Revelation 15:3,4Connect the praise of God’s victory over Egypt and His victory at judgment
- Offering your life with complete trust gives glory to God
- How is this statement true?
- What might complete trust look like in your life?
- Read II Samuel 6:1-7
- What makes this passage of Scripture hard for us to accept?
- God had given explicit instructions about the Ark of the Covenant which were blatantly disobeyed. Who has the authority to decide who suffers for the wrong decisions of leaders and others?
- How does doing worship God’s way, even today, bring Him glory?
- What is one way you can apply this message to your life this week?