“Worship” – Romans 12:1,2
- When you hear the word “worship”, what are the first few things that come to mind?
- What is something that caught your attention from this message?
- Discuss what worship is not, and why not, JUST…music, worship services, or Sundays
- Worship is a verb and a response
- Read Revelation 4:8-11; 5:11-14
- What about this response in worship captures your heart?
- Worship is a life sacrifice, including the body, mind and will
- Read Romans 12:1,2; Colossians 3:17; I Corinthians 6:19,20;
Philippians 1:20; II Corinthians 10:5; Matthew 22:37
- Discuss the different aspects of giving all of ourselves to our worship of God
- “Worship is responding to who God is and what He has done by giving ourselves completely to Him.”
- How does this definition help in your understanding of worship?
- If you were to write your own definition of worship, what would it be?
- Worship is about God, not us
- Read Exodus 20:3-6 and discuss why you think the 10 commandments begin with laws about how to worship and not worship God
- Read and discuss this quote by Martin Luther: “A person cannot praise God only unless he understands that there is nothing in himself worthy of praise, but that all that is worthy of praise is of God and from God. But since God is eternally praiseworthy, because he is the infinite God and can never be exhausted, therefore they will praise him forever and ever.”
- What is one way you can apply this message to your life?