- How has this coronavirus, COVID-19, affected you, in any way?
- Read Philippians 4:6-8
- What is one thing that caught your attention from today’s message/passage?
- What are the things that tend to cause you anxiety (worry); and what do you normally do first when anxiety arises?
- What things, according to verse 6, does God say are o.k. to worry about; and what gives God the right to talk in this way?
- What does God say we trade worry in for?
- With what spirit and attitude?
- What might this look/sound like in our current COVID-19 crisis?
- Read the following verses, and discuss how they each relate to whatever circumstances we find ourselves in that might bring on worry…
- I Peter 5:7
- Romans 8:28,29
- James 1:2-4
- What does God promise us (verse 7) if we will pray in this way (verse 6)?
- What is special about this promise?
- What will it do?
- If this is a promise from God, how should that affect our perspective in times of crisis and stress?
- Read John 8:44 and then discuss some of the lies Satan (and the worlds’ system) might tell us in times of a crisis and stress producing circumstances
- Work your way through the grid of thinking in verse 8, and talk about how to apply each aspect of what we should be thinking about to something that is causing you some stress right now and tempting you to be anxious (worry).
**If you have children (or feel like a child) consider acting out how our world responds to crisis and how we should, as children of God