- Read Matthew 5:44,45
Are we able to make accurate judgments on the countries, states and individuals as to why God allowed COVID-19 to come upon them?
- What are you thanking God for during these days of COVID-19?
- Read John 14:1-14
- What is one thing that caught your attention from the passage/message?
- What worries you about your present and/or future?
How does Jesus’ challenge, Don’t worry, fit your fears?
- How does Jesus’ challenge to Trust Me fit your doubt about the future?
- What does Jesus’ promise I will be preparing a place for you in Heaven mean to you, today, as you live here without the physical presence of Jesus?
- What does Jesus’ promise I will come to get you and take you home with me mean to you as you live in this world now, waiting for Him to come back?
- How is Jesus’ challenge Believe that I am God, either by my words or works the same or different from our perspective than it was from those living in that day?
- In light of Jesus’ promise I will give you what is needed to accomplish the work, what has been given to you to do what He has asked you to do?
- What does Jesus statement I am the way, the truth and the life mean to you; and what does it mean for those who do not yet follow Him?
**Family fun: Without words, act out this statement from Jesus: I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
- Pray for those infected by COVID-19
- Pray for all of those affected in some way by the virus
- Pray God will help us use the time productively with our families and others
- Pray for God’s help in applying this passage of Scripture to life
Jesus challenged His followers then, and now:
- Don’t worry
- Trust me
- Believe that I am God, either by my words or works
Jesus also gave them, and us, promises:
- I will be preparing for you a place in Heaven
- I will come to get you and take you home with me
- I will give you what is needed to accomplish the work
And it all comes down to what you do with this statement from Jesus:
“I am the way, the truth and the life”