Walking and Worshipping
- What is your history with walking; and how can you see physical walking with someone being an illustration for our spiritual walk with God?
- What is something that caught your attention from the message, Walking and Worshipping?
- Read Genesis 3:15; 5:1,3-5,8,11,14,17,20,27 and discuss not only the temporal destiny of every human being; but also the hope for eternity in Christ
- Read Genesis 5:21-24; Micah 6:8 and discuss the concept of walking with God
- To walk faithfully with God is to talk and listen to God
- Talk to God in prayer (I Thessalonians 5:17)
Read the following verses and areas of prayer, discussing their importance and how to apply them in your own walk with God
i) Confession (Psalm 51:1; 55; 88; 139:23,24; Matthew 11:28-30; I John 1:9)
ii) Adoration (Psalm 34:1-3; 95:1-6; 150; Matthew 6:9,13)
iii) Supplication (Psalm 86; Matthew 6:11-13; Ephesians 6:18; I Timothy 2:1,2; James 5:13-16)
iv) Thanksgiving (Psalm 98; 100:4; 116; Matthew 11:25; II Corinthians 9:15; Ephesians 5:20; Philippians 4:6; I Thessalonians 5:18)
- Listen to God through His Word (Psalm 119:105)
How do we hear God through His Word? Can you give an example of how it has happened for you?
- To walk faithfully with God is to please God through faithful obedience
- Read Hebrews 11:1,5,6; Ephesians 2:8
- What does true faith look like in the context of faithfulness?
- To walk faithfully with God is to talk about God and our relationship to Him
- Read Jude 14-16; Matthew 5:16; Colossians 4:6
- How can your walk with God include how you talk about Him?