The Board of Elders has scheduled a congregational meeting on August 2, 2020, following the Worship Service. The primary purpose of the meeting will be for a congregational vote for the expenditure of designated missions funds that exceeds 5% of the annual budget. The Board is recommending a gift of $1,000 for each of our ten Missions Partners and two others associated with the church, for a total of $12,000. These funds will be taken from special donations to Missions we have received over the last couple of years. We will also provide WCC ministry updates.
Welcome to Weymouth Community Church
Weymouth Community Church is committed to helping people follow Jesus, in Medina and beyond. If you have questions about the church or your own spiritual life, feel free to contact Pastor Greg Whiting at email@example.com.
In-person, public worship services are at 10:30am. For a video review of what to expect, our Facebook page and website are both updated to include the welcome back tour at the top of the welcome back posts. If you have any additional questions, concerns, or prayer requests, call the church office (330-723-1750).
A few things to remember if you plan to join us for in-person worship:
- We are trying to give you a touch-free worship experience
- There are masks (which are optional), tissues, and hand sanitizer available
- Bring everything you need including a Bible, something to write with and on, a water bottle, and anything you need for your young children while here
- We are keeping our social distance for your and others’ protection
Join us live on Facebook, Sunday mornings at 10:30
You can also view or listen to the message at a later time on our website. If you know of someone who does not have internet access, printouts of the message can be sent to them…just let us know!
Video Message Series: “The Day God Died”
Join us at the church or livestream this message series through August 2. Pastor Greg’s brother, David, recorded these messages onsite in Israel. This series looks at the last week of Jesus’ life and is a great follow-up to our recent Gospel of John message series. Discussion notes and questions will be available each week on our church Facebook page and website.
Join us for Communion this Sunday
- Here at WCC: Communion elements will be set up front and instructions will be given at the beginning of the message. Elements will be prepared in as safe a way as possible.
- At home: If you are joining us for worship at home, you can prepare your own communion elements. Find something small to eat and drink that will serve as symbols for you to remember Jesus’ body and blood. And when we partake, you can do it right along with us!
Nursery Sunday School
We miss you, little friends! We hope all nursery parents are receiving our emails—please let Emily Varner (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you are not so that you can receive updates and a PDF of the nursery coloring page for this month and the video password. A video for our current nursery lesson and memory verse is posted at https://weymouthchurch.com/ministries/childrens-ministry/.
Men’s Saturday Morning Bible Study, August 1
We will meet at the church for breakfast at 7:30am and study the leadership lessons of Jesus in the Gospel of Mark. Men, even if you haven’t joined us before, you are welcome to join us now!
Bible reading schedule 2020
Join the Next Steps Men’s Discipleship Group in reading through the Bible in 2020. We are reading it in a unique way, from a different genre of Scripture each day: Sunday, Epistles; Monday, The Law; Tuesday, History; Wednesday, Psalms; Thursday, Poetry; Friday, Prophecy; and Saturday, Gospels. This week’s schedule:
Sun., 1 Thessalonians 1-3; Mon., Leviticus 19-21; Tues., 2 Kings 16-20;
Wed., Psalms 90-92; Thurs., Proverbs 14-15; Fri., Ezekiel 43-48; Sat., John 1-2
Bible reading podcast
If you go to our website and click on Next Steps, then select Podcast, from there you can choose from a daily Bible reading podcast by Pastor Greg. It connects with our Bible reading schedule 2020, and he gives some devotional thoughts along the way.
The Worship Tech Team is looking for volunteers!
With the addition of live streaming our services, we need some more help producing them. Opportunities to learn basic camera operation and video production are available. If you are interested please contact Doug Varner via email at email@example.com.
If you would like to be added to our all-church emails …
please contact the church at firstname.lastname@example.org and an invitation to join Church Community Builder will be emailed to you.
If you have a prayer request …
for the prayer sheet, you can let the church office know via email or phone (office@weymouthchurch or 330-723-1750).
Options for worshiping through giving
- Mail your check to the church.
- Give online—Go to weymouthchurch.com; click Give Online; click Make a Donation; and follow the directions.
- Give at our in-person worship service—Use a giving envelope and place your offering in the black box.